1-800-261-2794 | Email Enquiry
We don't sell everywhere. We sell where you need to go.
Endless pristine white sandy shores, rainforest carpeted mountains and world class luxury accommodation merge seamlessly on the paradisiacal island of Mauritius. Once known as the land where the now extinct but always fascinating dodo lived, it’s now recognised for being a stunning tropical retreat where you will find a diverse and rich landscape and equally enchanting cultural backdrop.
Spend days exploring the almost untouched beaches, swimming in the cobalt blue sea, visit Curepipe or Port Louis for dazzling, sense exploding shopping experiences, join in local celebrations and devour the sumptuous Creole cuisine. Mauritius is a getaway with supreme beaches but it’s also a place where the people will embrace you and show you how to get into a holiday spirit.
- First time players and long term golf fans will be inspired by the breathtaking championship golf courses speckled around Mauritius, make sure you get a round or two in.
- Take to the glittering Indian Ocean to indulge in spot deep sea fishing, in an afternoon you could have giant marlins and tuna amongst your catch.
- Enjoy lazy days on the seamlessly endless stretches of tranquil beaches and when you fancy a dip, don’t forget your snorkel.
- Indulge your adventurous side exploring the famous Pamplemousses Royal Botanical Gardens or bathe in the sacred lake of Ganga Talao, which nestles within the crater of an extinct volcano.
- Tap your feet to the beat of traditional sega music, as you enjoy Mauritian cuisine that oozed Chinese, Indian, European and Creole flavours. Try the island’s favourite, millionaires salad made from heart of palm, which grows in certain palm trees.
- English is the official language of Mauritius, however Creole, French and Indian languages are widely spoken.
- The currency used is the Mauritius Rupee. ATMs are widespread on the island.
- Mauritius enjoys a typically tropical climate. The summer months are from December to April, with temperatures in the mid 20ºC and the winter is from May to November, with temperatures from 20 ºC. You may want to note that January and February are the peak cyclone months.
- It is approximately a 19 hour flight to Port Louis from the USA.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six month beyond period of intended stay. You do not require a visa if you are American Citizen.
- Over half of the country is made up of Hindus, followed by Roman Catholics, Christian and Muslims because of this the culture is very mixed.